java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expecting raw type, not

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expecting raw type, not

Choudary Kothapalli

My product MaintainJ uses AspectJ load time weaving to capture method executions. One of our clients is facing the below exception when instrumenting their application.

AspectJ version used is 1.8.6

JRE 1.7

I suggested excluding the class causing the exception, but that did not help. Do you have any idea why this exception is thrown or how to avoid this?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expecting raw type, not: com.xxx.controllers.AbstractComponentController

at org.aspectj.weaver.TypeFactory.createParameterizedType(TypeFactory.java:34)

at org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.JavaLangTypeToResolvedTypeConverter.fromType(JavaLangTypeToResolvedTypeConverter.java:79)

at org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.Java15ReflectionBasedReferenceTypeDelegate.getSuperclass(Java15ReflectionBasedReferenceTypeDelegate.java:156)

at org.aspectj.weaver.ReferenceType.getSuperclass(ReferenceType.java:987)

at org.aspectj.weaver.ResolvedType$SuperClassWalker.next(ResolvedType.java:2248)

at org.aspectj.weaver.ResolvedType$SuperClassWalker.next(ResolvedType.java:2226)

at org.aspectj.weaver.Iterators$6.next(Iterators.java:293)

at org.aspectj.weaver.patterns.KindedPointcut.fastMatch(KindedPointcut.java:124)

at org.aspectj.weaver.internal.tools.PointcutExpressionImpl.couldMatchJoinPointsInType(PointcutExpressionImpl.java:91)

Thanks,

Choudary Kothapalli.

Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expecting raw type, not

Andy Clement
Hey,

I feel like I fixed something leading to that not too long ago. Is it possible for them to try with AspectJ 1.8.9? If that doesn’t help probably needs a debug build to determine which class it is making a mistake on (i.e. which one has the AbstractComponentController and then we can take a look at if there is anything unusual about the class declaration). But I have been looking to enhance AspectJ trace facilities lately, I could use this as a chance to extend trace in this area rather than producing a one-off debug build.

cheers,
Andy