Project Jigsaw: The module system was integrated into JDK 9 and is now available for testing in early-access, build 111.

Project Jigsaw: The module system was integrated into JDK 9 and is now available for testing in early-access, build 111.

Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland

Hi Andy,

Project Jigsaw is an enormous effort, encompassing six JEPs implemented by dozens of engineers over many years.
So far we’ve defined a modular structure for the JDK (JEP 200), reorganized the source code according to that structure
(JEP 201), and restructured the JDK and JRE run-time images to support modules (JEP 220). The last major component,
the module system itself (JSR 376 and JEP 261), was integrated into JDK 9 earlier this week and is now available for testing
in early-access build 111 - here.

More information on Mark Reinhold's blog [1]

Rgds, Rory

[1] http://mreinhold.org/blog/jigsaw-module-system

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell