Design with pointcuts to avoid pattern density: Another AOP@Work Article

Nick Lesiecki-2
IBM developerWorks has published Wes Isberg's article "Design with
pointcuts to avoid pattern density". This article is a part of the
peer-reviewed AOP at Work series.

In this article, Wes revisits the JUnit Cook's Tour (a 1999 introduction to
OO patterns) to discover what we can learn about both the design tradeoffs
presented by OO, and how designing with pointcuts offers an interesting
alternative:

"Even the best Java(tm) programs seem to get old with time. As the design
evolves to meet new needs, key objects are loaded with pattern roles until
they become hard to use or hard to change and the system has to be
refactored or rewritten. Aspect-oriented programming (AOP) offers gentler
ways to assemble features and offer services, ways that can minimize
interactions and effort to help you extend the life of your design and
code."

As series lead (and author of the article), I welcome commentary from the
community regarding individual articles and the series as a whole.

Read the article :
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-aopwork7/

Read the series:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/views/java/libraryview.jsp?search_by=AOP@work:

Re: Design with pointcuts to avoid pattern density: Another AOP@Work Article

Nick Lesiecki-2
Minor correction:

The last paragraph of the announcement states that I'm the author of the
article. Naturally I'm not. Wes is.

Dratted cut-and-paste (and then-don't-proofread-nearly-well-enough).

Nick