AJDT configurator for m2e

Andrew Eisenberg
Hi all,

We have put out an AJDT configurator for m2e v1.0 at the following update site:
http://dist.springsource.org/release/AJDT/configurator/

This configurator will ensure that your AspectJ projects are correctly
configured inside of Eclipse.  This version is only compatible with
m2e v1.0 and later.  Please let me know if you have any problems or
issues.

Re: AJDT configurator for m2e

René Zanner
Andrew Eisenberg <andrew <at> eisenberg.as> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> We have put out an AJDT configurator for m2e v1.0 at the following update site:
> http://dist.springsource.org/release/AJDT/configurator/
>
> This configurator will ensure that your AspectJ projects are correctly
> configured inside of Eclipse.  This version is only compatible with
> m2e v1.0 and later.  Please let me know if you have any problems or
> issues.

Hi Andrew,

I just installed it into my Indigo installation with AJDT 2.1.3 and m2e 1.0 and
it does not seem to have any effect.

The classes are not weaved by the AJDT builder and the aspect markers are
missing in the editor views of the source files.

Did you manage to use it successfully?

Thank you.

Cheers,

René

Re: AJDT configurator for m2e

Andrew Eisenberg
This works for me when I try it with a roo project.  But, there can of
course be some issue that we have not seen yet.

Adding this to the configuration section of the aspectj-maven-plugin
will put spring-aspects on the aspect path:
                <configuration>
                    <outxml>true</outxml>
                    <aspectLibraries>
                        <aspectLibrary>
                            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                            <artifactId>spring-aspects</artifactId>
                        </aspectLibrary>
                    </aspectLibraries>
                </configuration>

Does something like this not work for you?

Is there any chance that you can share the project that you are
working on?  You can send it to me offline.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:53 AM, René Zanner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andrew Eisenberg <andrew <at> eisenberg.as> writes:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> We have put out an AJDT configurator for m2e v1.0 at the following update site:
>> http://dist.springsource.org/release/AJDT/configurator/
>>
>> This configurator will ensure that your AspectJ projects are correctly
>> configured inside of Eclipse.  This version is only compatible with
>> m2e v1.0 and later.  Please let me know if you have any problems or
>> issues.
>>

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I just installed it into my Indigo installation with AJDT 2.1.3 and m2e 1.0 and
> it does not seem to have any effect.
>
> The classes are not weaved by the AJDT builder and the aspect markers are
> missing in the editor views of the source files.
>
> Did you manage to use it successfully?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> René

Re: AJDT configurator for m2e

multanis
Hi,

I found this post because it was not working for le neither and it seems it doesn't work without:
<outxml>true</outxml>

So I just wanted to know if this is mandatory, why and actually what it does ;-)

Before using the configurator, I was simply adding this in my .classpath:
<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER">
        <attributes>
                <attribute name="org.eclipse.jst.component.dependency" value="/WEB-INF/lib"/>
                <attribute name="org.eclipse.ajdt.aspectpath" value="org.eclipse.ajdt.aspectpath"/>
        </attributes>
</classpathentry>

It was working fine but of course was ovewritten each time a maven update project config was needed. Maybe the configurator should only write this line ?

Thanks !

Re: AJDT configurator for m2e

Andrew Eisenberg
The outxml line causes the compiler to create the aop.xml file
automatically during the compile.  This file is required for load-time
weaving so that the weaver knows where to find aspects at load time.
See more information here:
http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/devguide/ltw-configuration.html

This file is not required for compile time weaving.

As for changing the way that the AJDT configurator works, that
wouldn't be a recommended way of doing things.  When using m2eclipse,
classpath management of your project is delegated to m2eclipse.  This
ensures, for example, that if you remove the aspectj maven plugin from
your pom, then your eclipse classpath is automatically updated to
reflect that.  This wouldn't be possible unless m2eclipse had full
control over the classpath and delegated properly to configurators
(like the ajdt configurator) where appropriate.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM, multanis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found this post because it was not working for le neither and it seems it
> doesn't work without:
> <outxml>true</outxml>
>
> So I just wanted to know if this is mandatory, why and actually what it does
> ;-)
>
> Before using the configurator, I was simply adding this in my .classpath:
> <classpathentry kind="con"
> path="org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER">
>        <attributes>
>                <attribute name="org.eclipse.jst.component.dependency"
> value="/WEB-INF/lib"/>
>                *<attribute name="org.eclipse.ajdt.aspectpath"
> value="org.eclipse.ajdt.aspectpath"/>*
>        </attributes>
> </classpathentry>
>

> It was working fine but of course was ovewritten each time a maven update
> project config was needed. Maybe the configurator should only write this
> line ?
>
> Thanks !

Re: AJDT configurator for m2e

multanis
Ok so I don't need this <outxml>true</outxml> as I'm using compile time
weaving.
Strange thing is that I just remove it from my pom.xml, delete the
project from eclipse (and delete .project, .classpath and .settings),
import the project again with maven, ... and the Ajdt configurator seems
to work fine. The aspectj annotation are correctly displayed on my
Spring transactional methods.

I don't know why it was not working before I first add the outxml tag.

Any idea (I also have disabled the JDT Weaving under eclipse but I
though it had no effect on the configurator) ?

Thanks for your lights !